Dinner Tonight: Sicilian Grilled Cheese
I’ve been desperately craving carbs lately. And cheese. Usually together. I bought two bags of cheesy bread sticks from the supermarket last week and ate nearly all of them myself. Needless to say my pants feel a tad tighter.
Anyway, due to my current (but also lifelong) obsession with carbs and cheese, I had only two possible dishes in mind for dinner tonight: macaroni and cheese or grilled cheese.
I settled on the grilled cheese, but with a twist.
Sicilian Grilled Cheese
2 slices of your favourite crusty bread
2 slices of provolone
roasted red peppers
Earth Balance butter
- Heat a skillet over medium.
- Spread a generous layer of pesto onto one of the slices of bread.
- Layer the cheese, roasted red peppers, and spinach on top of the pesto.
- Place the other piece of bread on top and spread a thin layer of butter on either side of the sandwich.
- Grill until both sides are golden and the cheese is melted.