Dinner Tonight: Sweet Potato, Kale, Ginger, and Almond Butter Soup
Okay, so we didn’t exactly eat this for dinner tonight. In fact, we didn’t even eat it this week. But I had this post on reserve for a time such as this, when I had a few extra minutes and I figured my readers were getting a bit tired of checking up on my blog only to find I’ve done nothing with it!
So here it is. An adaptation of this recipe from Whole Living, made vegetarian, of course.
It’s not only yummy, but super easy too (I almost typed souper–which it is, actually). If you’re looking for something different from your typical chicken noodle or vegetable soup, this is it. Creamy, savoury, and relatively healthy, too!
Sweet Potato, Kale, Ginger, and Almond Butter Soup
adapted from Whole Living
6 cups vegetable stock
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 large sweet potato (or two small) cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 cup smooth almond butter
1/2 bunch kale, torn into bite-sized pieces
2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lime, cut into wedges
- Add stock, onion, garlic, and sweet potato to pot; bring to boil. Reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk almond butter and 1/2 cup of the stock in small bowl.
- Add kale and ginger to pot; return to boil then reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in almond butter mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with lime wedges.